We have come across so many Norton users who complain that their Norton installation is either taking too much time or is not responding. This happens for two reasons, either you are using third party security software or you have AhnLab safe Transaction (AST) installed in your system. We suggest you to uninstall third part security software to remove the error and also uninstall AST. If you need any assistance for un-installation then feel free to connect with our professionals at Norton Customer Support Number UK.
Note:-You can reinstall AST after installing Norton.
To uninstall non-Symantec security products follow the given steps:
- Press Windows + R simultaneously to open Run box.
- Then type “appwiz.cpl” and press Enter.
- From the list of installed programs, select your non-Symantec products that you want to uninstall and then click uninstall/remove.
- Follow the on screen instruction to complete the process.
- Don’t forget to restart your computer after un-installation of the product.
If you still face the same issue then install Norton product in safe mode and for that follow the given instructions:
- First of all exit all programs and then press Windows + R.
- In the Run dialog box, type “msconfig” and then press ENTER
- If User Control Panel appears then click Yes/continue.
- After that in the System Configuration window, on the Boot tab, select safe boot and then Network and click OK.
- Click Restart to restart your computer in safe mode with networking.
- After restarting you can continue with installation process.
Most probably, you will not encounter any issue in safe mode installation process but if in case it does then you can connect with n expert at Norton Technical Helpline Number UK 0800-029-4639 to diagnose the cause and its resolution. Nothing is difficult for these experts.